Musician: Bass player since 2000
At the age of 15, after a few months of playing the guitar, I started playing the bass. However music remains a hobby for several years. So I start playing with various local bands, with whom I tour various Tuscan venues. So I begin to feel the need to enroll in a music school, and I manage to enter the Lizard Academy of Music, in Fiesole (FI), following a textbook path, with excellent results. In 2012 music then officially becomes my job. I start an intense live activity and give private lessons in bass and music theory. I also approach the world of jazz and start playing almost exclusively the fretless bass, finishing the Lizard in the meantime, graduating with honors and special mention. In January 2015 I officially become the bassist of Diletta Landi. It was with her that I began to play on important stages such as the Ariston in Sanremo and many others. In the meantime, I start collaborating with various artists in the studio. I am currently part of one of the most important official Pooh cover bands, Viva, with whom I play throughout Italy. My studies continue, and among the main teachers I can mention Matteo Giannetti, Massimo Morriconi, Scott Devine etc.
I have written several books on the electric bass:
- Electric Bass Theory and Practice: Volume 1 (2015)
- 500 exercises for electric bass (2018)
- John Deacon (Queen): 185 bass transcriptions (2020)
- Jaco Pastorius: 70 bass transcriptions (2020)
- Jaco Pastorius: The complete study - Volume 1 (2021)
- Complete course of Applied Harmony for bass players (2021)
- John Deacon: Complete Study (2021)
- The Walking Bass (2021)
- The Electric Bass Workshop (Setup, Changes, Repairs) (2021)
- The fretless bass (2022)
- Jaco Pastorius: The complete study - Volume 2 (2022)
- Red Canzian (Pooh): 40+ bass transcriptions (2022)
As far as my musical influences are concerned, it is really difficult to summarize in a few lines, let's say that I have always particularly loved the Rock of the 70s and the Italian music of the 60s. Then over the years I got very close to Fusion, Funk and Jazz . But I'm someone who, in short, listens from Bach to Mina passing through Charlie Parker!!!
The bassists who have influenced me the most are Jaco Pastorius, John Deacon, Flea, Sting, Rocco Prestia, Pino Palladino, Massimo Moriconi and many many others.
My 2023 live projects are:
Virginia Joy & Igor - Voice and guitar, and Bass/ Double Bass
SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE!